News May 16, 2020
May 17, 2020
“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4 KJV
- Please join our Virtual Prayer Services by phone on Tuesdays, 7 to 8 pm. There were 30 participants last Tuesday. Call:
253-215-8782 or 301-715-8592; Meeting ID 685 433 0718
- Sunday School Lesson broadcasts Saturdays 3:00 pm and Sundays 7:30 am on WJMM FM 99.1
(This Sunday’s Lesson: “Practical Justice” Jeremiah 21:8-14;
Next Sunday’s Lesson: “Repent of Injustice” Jeremiah 22:1-10)
- Virtual Worship Service on Sundays at 10 am on the church Facebook, YouTube and viewed on demand on the church website, hpgmbc.com
- Thank you to those who are giving Tithes and Offerings by mail or the Givelify App. Our address is:
Historic Pleasant Green Mission Baptist Church
PO Box 11845
Lexington, KY 40578
- The Health Department is providing Free in-home COVID-19 testing for Lexington residents 60 years of age or older. Call 859-899-2200
- As it has been stated, our “in-person” church worship services will be very different to protect our membership and to comply with the CDC and KY guidelines. Bro. L. V. Hayden and his committee is making good progress in the development our church plan for resumption of “in-person” worship. See KY Guidelines for Places of Worship. https://govsite-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/1MQt8kIS5mNcotBuzdmb_Healthy%20at%20Work%20Reqs%20-%20Places%20of%20Worship%20-%20Final%20Version%201.1%20Final-1-.pdf
- Our right to vote is a precious privilege; therefore, we should exercise this responsibility as a citizen each time an election is held. Absentee Ballot Applications are available by calling 859-253-8352. The deadline for submitting Absentee Ballots is June 23, 2020, so act quickly to obtain your Absentee Ballot. Remember our vote counts!!
- Don't forget to complete your 2020 Census form at 2020census.gov. It takes less than three minutes to complete. Participating in the Census is very important because data from the Census is used to:
- Ensure public services and funding for schools, hospitals, and fire departments.
- Plan new homes and businesses and improve neighborhoods.
- Determine how many seats your state is allocated in the House of Representatives.
- Please remember in prayer:
- Bereaved families
- All of those listed on our Sick List
- COVID-19 Victims around the world
- Healthcare workers, First respondents, etc.
- The work of the Pulpit Committee and its members
- The Entire Pleasant Green Church Family
Heavenly Father, Thank you for salvation and please grant us Your peace that surpasses all understanding. In Jesus Name. AmenBack