May 9, 2020
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27:14 KJV
Please join our Virtual Prayer Services by phone on Tuesdays, 7 to 8 pm. Call:
253-215-8782 or 301-715-8592; Meeting ID 685 433 0718
Sunday School Lesson broadcasts Saturdays 3:00 pm and Sundays 7:30 am on WJMM FM 99.1
Virtual Worship Service on Sundays at 10 am on the church Facebook, YouTube and viewed on demand on the church website hpgmbc.com
Thank you to those who are giving Tithes and Offerings by mail or the Givelify App. Our address is:
Historic Pleasant Green Mission Baptist Church
PO Box 11845
Lexington, KY 40578
The Health Department is providing Free in-home COVID-19 testing for Lexington residents 60 years of age or older. Call 859-899-2200.
When our church resumes “in-person” worshiping, our services will be very different. The tailored plan for our church being developed by Bro. L. V. Hayden and his committee will be communicated as soon as it is available. The general requirements from the Governor for reopening “houses of worship” may not be as restrictive as we may need due to the age distribution, medical conditions, and the high risk factor of infection and death rates from the COVID-19 virus for the cultural composition of our church membership. The Governor's requirements are:
- Limit attendance to 33% of the building's capacity, including clergy
- Maintain six-feet physical distancing between attendees, including in row
- Not provide food or beverage service
- Avoid handshakes and hugs
- Wear a mask, bandana or other face covering
- Increase sanitization, especially for high-traffic areas and surfaces
- Avoid a live choir or singing
- Consider taking temperatures or asking about symptoms, and not let in those running a fever or with other COVID-19 symptoms
- Use greeters and markers to guide social distancing
- Only allow one person in a restroom at a time, and provide hand sanitizer and soap
- Any churches that offer youth services should wait to restart the programs until June 15, when childcare facilities are set to reopen.
- The Scholarship Committee will acknowledge our 2020 Graduates on our church website, hpgmbc.com, Facebook page, etc. Please submit the graduate's name/grade level completed to Sis. Janice Shelton by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859 271-1007. We will only recognize members who will graduate from Kindergarten to 1st Grade, Elementary to Middle School, Middle School to High School, High School, and College/University. All names must be submitted by May 15th. Thank you, HPGMBC Scholarship Committee
- Don't for get to complete your 2020 Census forms. The form can be completed online less than three minutes at 2020census.gov
Voting is our civic duty and a privilege afforded every American citizen. Here is information on how to obtain an Absentee Ballot (Do this as soon as possible):
1. Call 253—8352
2. Best time to call is 9–12 pm. You may have to leave a message and they will call you back!
3. Tell them you are a senior or have underlying health issues, etc and you want an Application for Absentee Ballot
4. They will ask for your name and address and may again ask why —just explain
5. They will mail you an Application
6. Complete your Application ASAP ( As Soon As Possible) to get a Ballot
7. When you receive a Ballot, complete it
8. Mail the completed Ballot ASAP, but before June 23, 2020
Remember your vote counts!!
Please remember in prayer:
All of those listed on our Sick List
COVID-19 Victims around the world
Healthcare workers, First respondents, etc.
The Entire Pleasant Green Church Family
Heavenly Father, please keep our minds and our bodies safe. Thank you for your Only Begotten Son and our Savior. In Jesus Name. Amen